Ngā Pou Mana attended the Allied Health Association of New Zealand (AHANZ) member meeting yesterday to discuss what the concerns are for Māori in terms of raising health and wellbeing.
These are some of the issues raised by Ngā Pou Mana that are impacting on our people:
• addressing the alarmingly high rates of suicide
• poverty and the lack of housing
• a need for systemic change to close the gap between Māori and Non-Māori
• more Māori in leadership roles across all sectors
• more Māori led service funding
Election time is going to be interesting! So make sure you vote whānau!!
You can also check out our Facebook page for more details about what we are up to. Check the link below.