With our members, we share our resources and expertise through hui, partnership and stakeholder relationships. We are committed to working with individuals and groups interested in advancing and sustaining the wellbeing of Māori as a people.
We are primarily found in the health sector, but have relationships in tertiary education, community and government, while building on other strategically aligning kaupapa Māori.
We are all working professionals that are busy in our individual careers and responsibilities; and we’re united in knowing that as Māori, more must be done to raise the quality of life for our people.
We do this by sharing our knowledge, influencing decisions through strategic relationships and creating a critical awareness among our people about our kaupapa.
Who can join Ngā Pou Mana?
Māori Allied Health professionals from both the registered and non-registered allied health professions who are keen to develop and deepen relationships with the wider health, education, community and government sectors, Māori networks, registration bodies and professional associations.
Benefits of joining Ngā Pou Mana
- Invitations to our annual Hui Ā Tau
- Training opportunities for cultural and professional development
- Access to current and relevant information
- Access to a network of Māori Allied Health professionals for support, mentoring and whanaungatanga
- Progressive opportunities for research and development in the Māori Allied Health field.